I just completed (successfully!) the trickiest piece of sewing I've done since the last time I made a corset. Let it be known that Simplicity 2801 (http://www.simplicity.com/p-1728-misses-dresses.aspx
) is not
an easy pattern. Not that it claimed to be, but it's far more difficult than I've come to expect of Simplicity patterns. Getting the bodice attached to the skirt was quite a challenge. That spot right in the front where all those nice diagonal seam lines come together...yeah. The neckline was also difficult, but I did that last Monday.
Many thanks to my one sewing class in college, which taught me that it's perfectly fine to rip out the same 5 inches of stitches as many times as it takes to get it right. Many thanks also to Megasus, whose advice (originally on the subject of zippers, long ago) was that sometimes you just have to use a needle and thread and stitch it by hand first before going over it with the machine.
And on that note of triumph, I'm stopping for the evening.
I also finished my puzzle, and successfully ignored the dishes until it was too late to do them. And it's all thundery outside, which is delightful.